Sunday 29 August 2010

S-Pulse 2-0 Kawasaki

BarryBarry writes:

S-Pulse 2-0 Kawasaki
Fujimoto 16
Okazaki 47

Att. 18792

Line Up

GK Nishibe

DF Ichikawa
DF Iwashita
DF Hiraoka
DF Ota

MF Hyodo
MF Honda
MF Ono

FW Okazaki
FW Johnsen
FW Fujimoto

Subs Used

M. Yamamoto on for Ono (69)
Bosnar on for Iwashita (74)
Ito on for Okazaki (87)

Report

Not got a lot of time to write much tonight as I have to hit the hay early. Off to Tokyo tomorrow before flying to England Tuesday for my brother's wedding. I've barely started my packing, so have it all to do!
Yep
Well, while I'm still awake, I'll put on record that we were a changed team after the Niigata and Iwata games. Much, much better stuff, and we came away with a deserved three points tonight. Kawasaki were, as we all know, dangerous going forward, but their frailty at the back (and wobbliness in midfield) was exposed time and again. We ourselves were perhaps fortunate to end the game having conceded none, but with a little better finishing, Frontale could have been facing, maybe not a cricket, but certainly a baseball score.

Yep

It was a cracking game, and I'm sure the neutrals among the near 19000 present (if there were any) had a great time. For the rest of us, it was nerve-wracking stuff. Check the highlights below for an overview of the game.

I'd better get myself to bed, but before I do, please take a bow Juninho. Your diving and play acting tonight was the most embarrassing display by a professional footballer I've ever witnessed live. Here's a tip for you: if the ball gets away from you in the penalty area, at least make sure you're within two metres of the defender before you trip over your own feet and tumble to the floor. One or two times you got away with your diving but doing just that - falling over when somewhere near your opponent - but your attempt at winning a penalty was just laughable, and I hope you felt as ridiculous as you looked.
And, yep

No game this weekend due to internationals, but Wednesday sees us take to the Ajinomoto Stadium for leg one of our Nabisco Cup quarter final with FC Tokyo. Bring it.

Videos

Full highlights:



And, go on then. Here's a video I took of our penalty.

No comments: