Thursday 22 January 2009

Opening Weekend: Omiya v S-Pulse?

While the 2009 fixtures are not officially released until next week, various Japanese message boards and online communities have been going into overdrive with rumours over the dates of key fixtures this year. Well, the one constant that I can see appears to the opening weekend:

Saturday March 7th: Omiya v S-Pulse

If this does prove to be the case, we can be happy with an opener against what is arguably one of the weaker sides in J1, and so three points to kick off 2009, unlike last year, is not too far out of the question.

If the rumour mill proves to have caught me out, then I'll apologies profusely, delete this post, and hereafter always wait for official announcements. :)

4 comments:

SMB said...

It'll be the 8th up here in Omiya

Go F yourself ;)

Steve

PS...We will have to meet this time.....torrential rains permitting

Barry said...

:-D

A Sunday game, eh? I'm not a massive fan of those, but I do intend on coming up to Omiya in March. Yep, end-of-the-world style downpours permitting, let's meet up this time!

SMB said...

OK......I dunno if you are taking the bus or train but we can swap keitai numbers on bigsoccer PM's and meet up before or after the game.

We were supposed to get the final game at home but Urawa "requested" that they get the final home game of the season.

Barry said...

Apologies for late reply! Now the fixtures are finally out, I'm faced with a toss up between the opening weekend at Omiya, or the third match away at Nagoya. I can't really afford to do them both, so I'm going to have to think hard about which one to do! I'll let you know as soon as I do!